Sunday, June 04, 2006

Ca' Pisani

We are staying at a new hotel in Venice this trip. It is called the Ca' Pisani. It is a design hotel in the Dorsoduro section of Venice just behind the Academia Musuem. I have admired it the last couple of times that we have visited Venice, so we decided to try it out this trip.  I love the juxstaposition of modern design with historic Venice. Believe it or not, Venice is at the forefront of architectural design. It has a reknowned architectual university as well as hosts the Biennele that showcases architecture from around the world. So, it is nice to see that not all of Venice is a huge untouchable open air musuem. There are a few small examples that have broken with the past to contribute something bold to represent the modern age...the Ca' Pisani being one. Each room is uniquely designed including many of the little luxuries that people appreciate in modern design. For instance, there are motorized shades, in wall speakers for music in the bedroom and bath, soap dispensers in the tub and shower that are flip versus pump allowing them to be secured to the wall for ease of use, and body sprays in the shower. The roof top terrace is very serene and is directly over a Turkish bath for guest use (aka...steam shower). Time will tell on how well the bed feels and whether they pass the breakfast test. So far, it gets good marks.

Jeff

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a suggestion for Family Home Evening... don't drink too much wine and put your feet into your fountain even though it's much more sanitary than the grand canal!

4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A new post hooray! Keep em coming. I want to hear all about your trip! Welcome back.

5:14 AM  
Blogger Curt Sawyer said...

Looks like you and John had a great trip. Too bad you couldn't get out to the right coast for the mini-college reunion.

7:28 AM  
Blogger Curt Sawyer said...

Hail all readers!!

(This isn't spam, I know Jeff! Stayed at his place in SF before!)

I recently posted an item on my blog that I am trying to generate a lot of exposure for. If you don't have the time to read that, then go here and click the Demand It! link for a town near you.

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home