Sunday, February 26, 2006

Pinnacles National Monument...


John and I went on a little road trip this weekend. On Saturday, we drove south to Pinnacles National Monument. I had not heard of this park before, but I saw it in a magazine recently. It is about 2.5 hours south from SF, and the park is named for the ancient volcanic rock formations that are found there. The park is 24,000 acres with numerous trails thru spectacular scenery. The highlight for us was a hike thru a cave with a waterfall ending in a mountain-top lake. The area is a favorite of local rock climbers, and we saw many enjoying this sport. Of course, I am fine staying on the ground. In total, I think that we hiked about 4-5 miles. All the accompanying pictures were taken along the way, in the park, and on the way back. Enjoy!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeff, great photos. I love the first and last two. The first is interesting. I don't know if it's the blue sky and yellow flowers blending into the trees, but threes have a pink hue to them. Very fine.

MT

5:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home