Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Beijing Market...


On Saturday after visiting the Forbidden City, we stumbled upon on a market area in a side alley off the main road in a large shopping district. It was a sea of people and goods crowded into a narrow lane. With each step, I was pleaded with to stop, view, and buy their wares. If I made the slightess glance at an object, I was accosted with pleas to buy it. Of course, the starting price for me as a foreign novice was quite high. As I learned later, Chinese know the true value and pay a fraction of the cost advertised to me. It was fun to just walk and absorb the scene. I think the pictures capture the scene quite well.



3 Comments:

Blogger BullBunky said...

These market photos are really wonderful. There are so simple, yet there is so much going on in them.

7:36 AM  
Blogger Matt T said...

Jeff, are you Amazonian there? It appears that your camera angle is pointed down which makes for some great shot over the sea of people.

There is a part of me that would love to yell the Chinese word for FIRE! in that alley.

9:41 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Well, I did tower over almost everyone there, so with my hands extended over my head, I was able to capture the shots. In China, there is always a crowd. Very few places for peace and solitude.

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home